SF man arrested in attempted kidnapping case
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- San Mateo police have arrested a San Francisco man on suspicion of attempting to abduct a 9-year-old girl from an elementary school on Friday.
Bradley Mrozek, 25, was arrested Saturday morning after police linked him to the incident at Parkside Elementary School and to two prior incidents at Horrall Elementary and Bayside STEM Academy, Sgt. Dave Norris said Sunday.Police believe Mrozek assaulted the girl at Parkside shortly before 2:45 p.m. on Friday and transported her a short distance away from the school in an attempt to isolate her, Norris said.
The girl was able to escape by kicking her attacker and running back to the school, where she reported the incident. The attack was quickly linked to two other incidents Friday, in which a stranger was escorted away from Horrall and reported offering alcohol to students at Bayside STEM Academy. Mrozek was booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping with intent to commit a sexual assault, assault with intent to commit a sex crime on a minor and lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14, Norris said. Anyone with information about Friday's incidents should notify the San Mateo police at (650) 533-7700.
san mateo, foster city, children, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 2 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown