SF man arrested in attempted kidnapping case
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- San Mateo police have arrested a San Francisco man on suspicion of attempting to abduct a 9-year-old girl from an elementary school on Friday.
Bradley Mrozek, 25, was arrested Saturday morning after police linked him to the incident at Parkside Elementary School and to two prior incidents at Horrall Elementary and Bayside STEM Academy, Sgt. Dave Norris said Sunday.Police believe Mrozek assaulted the girl at Parkside shortly before 2:45 p.m. on Friday and transported her a short distance away from the school in an attempt to isolate her, Norris said.
The girl was able to escape by kicking her attacker and running back to the school, where she reported the incident. The attack was quickly linked to two other incidents Friday, in which a stranger was escorted away from Horrall and reported offering alcohol to students at Bayside STEM Academy. Mrozek was booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping with intent to commit a sexual assault, assault with intent to commit a sex crime on a minor and lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14, Norris said. Anyone with information about Friday's incidents should notify the San Mateo police at (650) 533-7700.
san mateo, foster city, children, peninsula news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 3 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 50 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 45 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday