SF man arrested in attempted kidnapping case
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- San Mateo police have arrested a San Francisco man on suspicion of attempting to abduct a 9-year-old girl from an elementary school on Friday.
Bradley Mrozek, 25, was arrested Saturday morning after police linked him to the incident at Parkside Elementary School and to two prior incidents at Horrall Elementary and Bayside STEM Academy, Sgt. Dave Norris said Sunday.Police believe Mrozek assaulted the girl at Parkside shortly before 2:45 p.m. on Friday and transported her a short distance away from the school in an attempt to isolate her, Norris said.
The girl was able to escape by kicking her attacker and running back to the school, where she reported the incident. The attack was quickly linked to two other incidents Friday, in which a stranger was escorted away from Horrall and reported offering alcohol to students at Bayside STEM Academy. Mrozek was booked into San Mateo County Jail on suspicion of kidnapping with intent to commit a sexual assault, assault with intent to commit a sex crime on a minor and lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14, Norris said. Anyone with information about Friday's incidents should notify the San Mateo police at (650) 533-7700.
san mateo, foster city, children, peninsula news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos