Guard arrested for stealing laptops from Facebook
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- An off-duty Facebook security guard and another man are under arrest for stealing dozens of laptop computers at the company's former Palo Alto headquarters.
Twenty-year-old Brandon Simon and 21-year old Travis Calhoun were arrested early yesterday after a private security guard spotted them taking 49 computers from the building. Officials say Simon normally patrols the facility. Police say the suspects' cars contained stolen license plates, burglary tools and bins of Facebook laptops.
facebook, peninsula news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 13 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
11 min ago