San Mateo-Hayward Bridge closures loom
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans is reminding Bay Area drivers that the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will be closed for two consecutive weekends next month.
On Friday October 19th and Friday the 26th, the bridge will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following Monday. Crews will replace 60-feet of roadway and install a new seismic joint near the San Mateo end of the span.
Caltrans is working with Bay Area sports teams to remind fans going to games that the bridge will closed those two weekends.
If you don't already have it, now might be a good time to download the Waze traffic app -- exclusive to ABC7 News. It's available on iTunes and Google play and you can use it to guide you around the congestion those nights.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 51 min ago
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 28 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 22 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos