San Mateo-Hayward Bridge closures loom
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans is reminding Bay Area drivers that the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will be closed for two consecutive weekends next month.
On Friday October 19th and Friday the 26th, the bridge will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following Monday. Crews will replace 60-feet of roadway and install a new seismic joint near the San Mateo end of the span.
Caltrans is working with Bay Area sports teams to remind fans going to games that the bridge will closed those two weekends.
If you don't already have it, now might be a good time to download the Waze traffic app -- exclusive to ABC7 News. It's available on iTunes and Google play and you can use it to guide you around the congestion those nights.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 39 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 17 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 9 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan