San Mateo-Hayward Bridge closures loom
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans is reminding Bay Area drivers that the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will be closed for two consecutive weekends next month.
On Friday October 19th and Friday the 26th, the bridge will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following Monday. Crews will replace 60-feet of roadway and install a new seismic joint near the San Mateo end of the span.
Caltrans is working with Bay Area sports teams to remind fans going to games that the bridge will closed those two weekends.
If you don't already have it, now might be a good time to download the Waze traffic app -- exclusive to ABC7 News. It's available on iTunes and Google play and you can use it to guide you around the congestion those nights.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
22 min ago