San Mateo-Hayward Bridge closures loom
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans is reminding Bay Area drivers that the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will be closed for two consecutive weekends next month.
On Friday October 19th and Friday the 26th, the bridge will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following Monday. Crews will replace 60-feet of roadway and install a new seismic joint near the San Mateo end of the span.
Caltrans is working with Bay Area sports teams to remind fans going to games that the bridge will closed those two weekends.
If you don't already have it, now might be a good time to download the Waze traffic app -- exclusive to ABC7 News. It's available on iTunes and Google play and you can use it to guide you around the congestion those nights.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore 5 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
16 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
31 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos