San Mateo-Hayward Bridge closures loom
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Caltrans is reminding Bay Area drivers that the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge will be closed for two consecutive weekends next month.
On Friday October 19th and Friday the 26th, the bridge will be closed in both directions from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following Monday. Crews will replace 60-feet of roadway and install a new seismic joint near the San Mateo end of the span.
Caltrans is working with Bay Area sports teams to remind fans going to games that the bridge will closed those two weekends.
If you don't already have it, now might be a good time to download the Waze traffic app -- exclusive to ABC7 News. It's available on iTunes and Google play and you can use it to guide you around the congestion those nights.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
8 min ago