Police investigating Hwy 101 shooting in San Carlos
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A frightening afternoon on Highway 101 near San Carlos when at least one person was shot, then swerved across the highway and crashed into a fence.
Around 3:30 p.m. Sunday an apparent shooting victim was involved in a crash just north of the Holly Street exit. Witnesses tell the CHP they saw the vehicle, a red Dodge Charger, weaving in the southbound lanes before it veered off and crashed.The CHP says there was at least one shooting victim inside the car, which also held at least one other passenger, "There were a couple victims that were transported to Stanford, I don't know exactly how many," CHP Officer Art Montiel said. "And at the same time, with the shooting, it looks like a collision occurred as a result of the shooting."
Earlier reports from the CHP were that one of the victims suffered a head wound. Officials are still unsure as to who did the shooting and why. They're asking any motorists that witnessed the incident to give them a call.
san carlos, CHP, guns, shooting, crash, highway 101, peninsula news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 58 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 11 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
9 min ago