Police investigating Hwy 101 shooting in San Carlos
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A frightening afternoon on Highway 101 near San Carlos when at least one person was shot, then swerved across the highway and crashed into a fence.
Around 3:30 p.m. Sunday an apparent shooting victim was involved in a crash just north of the Holly Street exit. Witnesses tell the CHP they saw the vehicle, a red Dodge Charger, weaving in the southbound lanes before it veered off and crashed.The CHP says there was at least one shooting victim inside the car, which also held at least one other passenger, "There were a couple victims that were transported to Stanford, I don't know exactly how many," CHP Officer Art Montiel said. "And at the same time, with the shooting, it looks like a collision occurred as a result of the shooting."
Earlier reports from the CHP were that one of the victims suffered a head wound. Officials are still unsure as to who did the shooting and why. They're asking any motorists that witnessed the incident to give them a call.
san carlos, CHP, guns, shooting, crash, highway 101, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday