Police investigating Hwy 101 shooting in San Carlos
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A frightening afternoon on Highway 101 near San Carlos when at least one person was shot, then swerved across the highway and crashed into a fence.
Around 3:30 p.m. Sunday an apparent shooting victim was involved in a crash just north of the Holly Street exit. Witnesses tell the CHP they saw the vehicle, a red Dodge Charger, weaving in the southbound lanes before it veered off and crashed.The CHP says there was at least one shooting victim inside the car, which also held at least one other passenger, "There were a couple victims that were transported to Stanford, I don't know exactly how many," CHP Officer Art Montiel said. "And at the same time, with the shooting, it looks like a collision occurred as a result of the shooting."
Earlier reports from the CHP were that one of the victims suffered a head wound. Officials are still unsure as to who did the shooting and why. They're asking any motorists that witnessed the incident to give them a call.
san carlos, CHP, guns, shooting, crash, highway 101, peninsula news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts