1 SF fisherman found dead, 1 still missing
SAN MATEO COUNTY (KGO) -- The Coast Guard were searching for two fishermen who disappeared when their boat capsized off the southern San Mateo County coast.
Relatives of one of the men discovered his body Monday night along the San Mateo County coast.
Jindi Guan is hoping for the safe return of her husband Ping Yau Tsang. The 46-year-old and three friends went fishing early yesterday morning, just as they do every month, but this time their boat was hit by a big wave and capsized. The four men started swimming to shore when another wave hit and separated them. Two men wearing lifejackets made it to shore. Tsang and the boat's owner were not wearing lifejackets and have been missing ever since.
Guan and her sister in law, Winnie Tsang, searched the beach for hours.
"At first light we had 10 people there," said Tsang.
Tsang said the carpenter and his friends all knew how to swim.
"I still keep hope for our family," said Tsang.
But is the midst of the hope, Tsang spent a sleepless night and waits for good news with her 7-year-old daughter.
"I hope he comes home because my daughter and I are waiting for him," said Guan.
The San Mateo County coroner hasn't identified if the man found Monday night near Pigeon Point was Ping Yau Tsang or Carl Deng.
san mateo county, highway 1, coast guard, rescue, boats, peninsula news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- A closer look at the America's Cup catamarans 4 min ago
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing 9 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage 11 min ago
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces 45 min ago
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
21 min ago
- Runways reopened after emergency landing at...
28 min ago
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain...
11 min ago