1 SF fisherman found dead, 1 still missing
SAN MATEO COUNTY (KGO) -- The Coast Guard were searching for two fishermen who disappeared when their boat capsized off the southern San Mateo County coast.
Relatives of one of the men discovered his body Monday night along the San Mateo County coast.
Jindi Guan is hoping for the safe return of her husband Ping Yau Tsang. The 46-year-old and three friends went fishing early yesterday morning, just as they do every month, but this time their boat was hit by a big wave and capsized. The four men started swimming to shore when another wave hit and separated them. Two men wearing lifejackets made it to shore. Tsang and the boat's owner were not wearing lifejackets and have been missing ever since.
Guan and her sister in law, Winnie Tsang, searched the beach for hours.
"At first light we had 10 people there," said Tsang.
Tsang said the carpenter and his friends all knew how to swim.
"I still keep hope for our family," said Tsang.
But is the midst of the hope, Tsang spent a sleepless night and waits for good news with her 7-year-old daughter.
"I hope he comes home because my daughter and I are waiting for him," said Guan.
The San Mateo County coroner hasn't identified if the man found Monday night near Pigeon Point was Ping Yau Tsang or Carl Deng.
san mateo county, highway 1, coast guard, rescue, boats, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 52 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 46 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 14 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 7 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 56 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 39 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos