Kid with brain cancer holds Halloween costume drive
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 6-year-old San Bruno boy who is battling brain cancer is collecting Halloween costumes for his friends in the hospital.
When Nico Castro heard he would be able to go trick-or-treating because of a break in his treatment he was delighted, but he felt badly for the kids who were too sick to join him so Nico and his family started a costume drive.
Nico explained what gave him the idea. It was "because the people in the hospital can't go trick-or-treating." And when he was asked if it was because he thought the kids should have costumes too, Nico said, "yeah."
To get into the Halloween spirit Nico dressed up as a Star Wars stormtrooper Thursday night for the costume drive and there were treats for people who came to donate.
Nico's family is still accepting costumes at their automotive business in San Bruno. If you would like to help, you can drop the costumes off at Nico's father's automotive business.
- C&C Automotive Refinishing
860 San Mateo Ave.
San Bruno, 94066
san mateo, halloween, fundraiser, children, san bruno, peninsula news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 9 min ago
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday