Kid with brain cancer holds Halloween costume drive
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 6-year-old San Bruno boy who is battling brain cancer is collecting Halloween costumes for his friends in the hospital.
When Nico Castro heard he would be able to go trick-or-treating because of a break in his treatment he was delighted, but he felt badly for the kids who were too sick to join him so Nico and his family started a costume drive.
Nico explained what gave him the idea. It was "because the people in the hospital can't go trick-or-treating." And when he was asked if it was because he thought the kids should have costumes too, Nico said, "yeah."
To get into the Halloween spirit Nico dressed up as a Star Wars stormtrooper Thursday night for the costume drive and there were treats for people who came to donate.
Nico's family is still accepting costumes at their automotive business in San Bruno. If you would like to help, you can drop the costumes off at Nico's father's automotive business.
- C&C Automotive Refinishing
860 San Mateo Ave.
San Bruno, 94066
san mateo, halloween, fundraiser, children, san bruno, peninsula news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 2 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
2 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
12 min ago