Kid with brain cancer holds Halloween costume drive
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 6-year-old San Bruno boy who is battling brain cancer is collecting Halloween costumes for his friends in the hospital.
When Nico Castro heard he would be able to go trick-or-treating because of a break in his treatment he was delighted, but he felt badly for the kids who were too sick to join him so Nico and his family started a costume drive.
Nico explained what gave him the idea. It was "because the people in the hospital can't go trick-or-treating." And when he was asked if it was because he thought the kids should have costumes too, Nico said, "yeah."
To get into the Halloween spirit Nico dressed up as a Star Wars stormtrooper Thursday night for the costume drive and there were treats for people who came to donate.
Nico's family is still accepting costumes at their automotive business in San Bruno. If you would like to help, you can drop the costumes off at Nico's father's automotive business.
- C&C Automotive Refinishing
860 San Mateo Ave.
San Bruno, 94066
san mateo, halloween, fundraiser, children, san bruno, peninsula news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 54 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 22 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire 10 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
43 min ago