Kid with brain cancer holds Halloween costume drive
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- A 6-year-old San Bruno boy who is battling brain cancer is collecting Halloween costumes for his friends in the hospital.
When Nico Castro heard he would be able to go trick-or-treating because of a break in his treatment he was delighted, but he felt badly for the kids who were too sick to join him so Nico and his family started a costume drive.
Nico explained what gave him the idea. It was "because the people in the hospital can't go trick-or-treating." And when he was asked if it was because he thought the kids should have costumes too, Nico said, "yeah."
To get into the Halloween spirit Nico dressed up as a Star Wars stormtrooper Thursday night for the costume drive and there were treats for people who came to donate.
Nico's family is still accepting costumes at their automotive business in San Bruno. If you would like to help, you can drop the costumes off at Nico's father's automotive business.
- C&C Automotive Refinishing
860 San Mateo Ave.
San Bruno, 94066
san mateo, halloween, fundraiser, children, san bruno, peninsula news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 48 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 1 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 43 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 44 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
6 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
43 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
48 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos