Suspicious devices found in San Mateo park
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- Residents of a San Mateo neighborhood are returning to their homes after a frightening discovery in a local park.
What appeared to be homemade explosives were found Saturday morning in Casanova Park, just west of Highway 101. Police say an alert city employee spotted three suspicious bottles in the park. The bottles were filled with liquid that gave off a strong odor.The San Mateo hazmat team and bomb squad responded as the park and fifteen homes were evacuated. After the bottles were removed, residents were allowed to return. The investigation is ongoing.
san mateo, suspicious package, peninsula news
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Stores stay open around the clock before...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos