Girl killed in Daly City church parking lot crash
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A car accident in the parking lot of a church in Daly City left a 6-year-old girl dead and two others injured Saturday morning, a police sergeant said.
Officers responded to a call of a car accident involving three pedestrians in the parking lot of St. Andrew Catholic Church at 1571 Southgate Ave. at about 9 a.m., Sgt. Michael Barton said.Medical personnel treated the three pedestrians, all suffering from life-threating injuries, at the scene and then transported them to San Francisco General Hospital, Barton said. The 6-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital, the sergeant said. The condition of the other two injured in the crash was not immediately available. The driver, an adult woman, driving a 2007 Toyota minivan, was uninjured and remained at the scene after the crash, Barton said. The crash is under investigation.
daly city, crash, peninsula news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago