Girl killed in Daly City church parking lot crash
DALY CITY, Calif. -- A car accident in the parking lot of a church in Daly City left a 6-year-old girl dead and two others injured Saturday morning, a police sergeant said.
Officers responded to a call of a car accident involving three pedestrians in the parking lot of St. Andrew Catholic Church at 1571 Southgate Ave. at about 9 a.m., Sgt. Michael Barton said.Medical personnel treated the three pedestrians, all suffering from life-threating injuries, at the scene and then transported them to San Francisco General Hospital, Barton said. The 6-year-old girl succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital, the sergeant said. The condition of the other two injured in the crash was not immediately available. The driver, an adult woman, driving a 2007 Toyota minivan, was uninjured and remained at the scene after the crash, Barton said. The crash is under investigation.
daly city, crash, peninsula news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday