6-year-old girl killed in church parking ID'd
DALY CITY, Calif. -- A 6-year-old girl who was killed Saturday morning in a Daly City church parking lot has been identified by the San Francisco medical examiner's office as Danielle Naval.
Danielle, who lived in Daly City, was hit along with two other pedestrians by a woman driving a 2007 Toyota minivan in the parking lot of St. Andrew Catholic Church at 1571 Southgate Ave. at about 9 a.m., Daly City police Sgt. Michael Barton said.
All three pedestrians were treated at the scene then transported to San Francisco General Hospital with life-threatening injuries, Barton said.
Danielle died at the hospital, the sergeant said. The other two people injured in the crash remain at the hospital today but are expected to survive, he said.
The driver, a Daly City woman in her mid 40s, cooperated with police at the scene and has not been arrested, he said.
The accident remains under investigation.
daly city, crash, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 2 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos