12 cats rescued from fire in Daly city euthanized
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Peninsula Humane Society says 12 cats rescued from a Daly City house fire Sunday have been euthanized.
Two residents escaped the burning home and fire fighters rescued 14 cats and a dog. All of the pets were treated for smoke inhalation, but two of the cats died. The remaining cats were in such poor health they had to be put down.
The SPCA says they had not been properly cared for.
daly city, fire, animal, animals in peril, peninsula news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 35 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 17 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos