12 cats rescued from fire in Daly city euthanized
DALY CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Peninsula Humane Society says 12 cats rescued from a Daly City house fire Sunday have been euthanized.
Two residents escaped the burning home and fire fighters rescued 14 cats and a dog. All of the pets were treated for smoke inhalation, but two of the cats died. The remaining cats were in such poor health they had to be put down.
The SPCA says they had not been properly cared for.
daly city, fire, animal, animals in peril, peninsula news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry 41 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos