Teen arrested for burglary at senior living complex
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Police have arrested an 18-year-old employee at the Woodside Terrace Senior Living complex in Redwood City on suspicion of burglary and elder abuse.
Officers responded to the complex at 485 Woodside Road at 5 p.m. Monday to investigate a possible theft by an employee.
Staff members told police that the employee had been seen exiting an elderly resident's apartment and then discarding jewelry. Staff said the employee should not have been in the apartment, according to police.
Police identified the employee as food service worker Luis Cebrero, who had been employed at Woodside Terrace since April.
Detectives determined that Cebrero, who lives in unincorporated San Mateo County, had entered the apartment and stolen the jewelry.
They were also able to connect Cebrero to five prior thefts at the complex, police said. A search of Cebrero's home uncovered some of the stolen property, police said.
Cebrero was arrested for burglary and elder abuse and booked into San Mateo County Jail.
crime, redwood city, peninsula news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 7 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 26 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
26 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos