San Mateo Bridge to close two weekends in October for repairs
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Starting next Friday, the San Mateo bridge will be closed two weekends in a row.
The bridge will close in both directions for seismic repairs at 10 p.m. next Friday.
Caltrans crews will be replacing 12 sections of the bridge deck and installing new seismic joints.
That work will take place on the weekends of October 19-21 and again October 26-29.
Each time, officials expect to reopen the bridge by 5 a.m. on Monday.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos