San Mateo Bridge to close two weekends in October for repairs
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Starting next Friday, the San Mateo bridge will be closed two weekends in a row.
The bridge will close in both directions for seismic repairs at 10 p.m. next Friday.
Caltrans crews will be replacing 12 sections of the bridge deck and installing new seismic joints.
That work will take place on the weekends of October 19-21 and again October 26-29.
Each time, officials expect to reopen the bridge by 5 a.m. on Monday.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament 3 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos