San Mateo Bridge to close two weekends in October for repairs
SAN MATEO-HAYWARD BRIDGE, Calif. (KGO) -- Starting next Friday, the San Mateo bridge will be closed two weekends in a row.
The bridge will close in both directions for seismic repairs at 10 p.m. next Friday.
Caltrans crews will be replacing 12 sections of the bridge deck and installing new seismic joints.
That work will take place on the weekends of October 19-21 and again October 26-29.
Each time, officials expect to reopen the bridge by 5 a.m. on Monday.
san mateo, san mateo bridge, hayward, traffic, peninsula news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 14 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 46 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos