Man's body found in Pacifica home's front yard
PACIFICA, Calif. -- Pacifica police are investigating the suspicious death of a man whose body was found in the front yard of a Dell Road home before dawn Wednesday.
Police Chief James Tasa said officers responded to a 911 call reporting a disturbance at the residence at 5:15 a.m. They found the man lying in the yard.
Tasa said firefighters and medical personnel arrived at the scene and confirmed that the man was dead.
The area was cordoned off, and an investigation into the cause of death is under way, the police chief said.
Tasa said the Police Department and the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office are investigating the death as suspicious. Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the Police Department at (650) 738-7314.
pacifica, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 14 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 53 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday