Girl's body washes ashore on San Gregorio Beach
SAN GREGORIO STATE BEACH, Calif. -- Authorities are continuing their efforts to identify a girl whose body was found washed ashore at San Gregorio State Beach in San Mateo County on Sunday afternoon.
The body is that of a Caucasian female believed to be between 12 and 16 years old. She was 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighed about 108 pounds. She had brown or black hair, Deputy Coroner Roger Fielding said.
She had no obvious marks or tattoos but she had full braces on her teeth, with red or pink rubber bands, according to the deputy.
She was found wearing tan or faded Hurley brand jeans, a red cotton T-shirt, a black or brown cloth belt and black boots.
On her wrist she was wearing a red and silver Timex watch with a black band, according to Fielding.
The body was found by a couple walking along the beach about a half-mile south of the San Gregorio State Beach entrance around 12:30 p.m. Sunday, San Mateo County sheriff's spokeswoman Rebecca Rosenblatt said.
Coroner Robert Foucrault said his office is in contact with law enforcement agencies in the Bay Area and elsewhere to see if the girl can be matched up to any missing-persons cases.
"It's a case that's getting a lot of our attention," he said.
san mateo, missing person, peninsula news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 7 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting