San Mateo considers leaf blower regulations
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The San Mateo City Council will consider three options on Monday for regulating noisy leaf blowers.
The options range from a complete ban on blowers, to a ban on only those blowers that exceed 65 decibels, to merely heightening enforcement of the existing ordinance.
Right now leaf blowers are banned on Sundays and holidays and must be used at low speed the rest of the time.
san mateo county, peninsula news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 7 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body