Body found at Miramar Beach identified as NH man
MIRAMAR BEACH, Calif. -- The body of a man found in the surfline at Miramar Beach in San Mateo County Thursday morning has been identified as that of a New Hampshire man, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
David Saczyk, 31, of Somersworth, N.H., was found in the ocean when a tourist looking toward the water from a hotel near Miramar spotted a body Thursday morning, according to the San Mateo County sheriff's office.
Saczyk was pulled from the water at Miramar Beach after the call came in at 9:30 a.m. that day, according to the sheriff's office.
The cause of death is under investigation, according to the coroner's office.
san mateo, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 45 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 56 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 57 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 5 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 13 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 27 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 35 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the...
59 min ago