Body found at Miramar Beach identified as NH man
MIRAMAR BEACH, Calif. -- The body of a man found in the surfline at Miramar Beach in San Mateo County Thursday morning has been identified as that of a New Hampshire man, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.
David Saczyk, 31, of Somersworth, N.H., was found in the ocean when a tourist looking toward the water from a hotel near Miramar spotted a body Thursday morning, according to the San Mateo County sheriff's office.
Saczyk was pulled from the water at Miramar Beach after the call came in at 9:30 a.m. that day, according to the sheriff's office.
The cause of death is under investigation, according to the coroner's office.
san mateo, peninsula news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos