Water service shut off after main bursts in Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A water main break early this morning soaked streets in Palo Alto, according to city utility officials.
The break gushed water into the streets on Newell Road between Channing Avenue and Embarcadero Road at about 2 a.m., officials said.
The line was shut off and service is not expected to be restored until late this afternoon.
Utility officials said the cause of break appears to be connected to cold overnight temperatures.
According to the National Weather Service, the temperature dipped to 35 degrees around 2 a.m. this morning.
palo alto, water main break, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 14 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 27 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
12 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos