Water service shut off after main bursts in Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A water main break early this morning soaked streets in Palo Alto, according to city utility officials.
The break gushed water into the streets on Newell Road between Channing Avenue and Embarcadero Road at about 2 a.m., officials said.
The line was shut off and service is not expected to be restored until late this afternoon.
Utility officials said the cause of break appears to be connected to cold overnight temperatures.
According to the National Weather Service, the temperature dipped to 35 degrees around 2 a.m. this morning.
palo alto, water main break, peninsula news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 49 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday