Gunshot victim arrives at hospital following shooting
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police are investigating a shooting that injured a Daly City man in a residential neighborhood in East Palo Alto Wednesday evening.
Officers received a report of a shooting in the 1700 block of Tulane Avenue at about 5 p.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police located evidence that a shooting had occurred, but did not find any victims or suspects in the vicinity.
A local hospital notified police of a 28-year-old Daly City man who had walked into the hospital seeking treatment for gunshot wounds at about the same time.
Police made contact with the victim, who received treatment for two apparent gunshot wounds to his lower body. The victim is listed in stable condition, police said.
East Palo Alto police are working to identify suspects in the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (650) 321-1112. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous can email epatipnow.org, text or leave a voicemail at (650) 409-6792.
shooting, palo alto, peninsula news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday