Fatal crash shuts down portion of NB I-280
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Northbound lanes on a portion of interstate Highway 280 in Daly City are blocked following a fatal collision in the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Two cars collided just after 5 a.m. on northbound Highway 280 near Eastmoor Avenue, and firefighters were called to extract one person from their vehicle.
One person was pronounced dead from injuries suffered in the crash.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert at 5:25 a.m., and all lanes surrounding the scene of the collision remained blocked as of 6 a.m.
daly city, crash, I-280, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 36 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 35 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead 54 min ago
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
36 min ago