Fatal crash shuts down portion of NB I-280
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Northbound lanes on a portion of interstate Highway 280 in Daly City are blocked following a fatal collision in the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Two cars collided just after 5 a.m. on northbound Highway 280 near Eastmoor Avenue, and firefighters were called to extract one person from their vehicle.
One person was pronounced dead from injuries suffered in the crash.
The CHP issued a Sig-alert at 5:25 a.m., and all lanes surrounding the scene of the collision remained blocked as of 6 a.m.
daly city, crash, I-280, peninsula news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos