Former Daly City Mayor Nevin dies
San Francisco and the Peninsula are remembering a passionate public servant Monday. Former Daly City Mayor Mike Nevin died of cancer Saturday.
After 27 years as a San Francisco police inspector, Nevin entered local politics in San Mateo County, where he earned a reputation as a compassionate advocate for disadvantaged people, including former criminals.
Nevin was elected to serve as a San Mateo County supervisor and then Daly City mayor. Most recently, he was the executive director of the Service League of San Mateo County.
Nevin was 69 years old.
daly city, san mateo county, cancer, peninsula news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos