Former Daly City Mayor Nevin dies
San Francisco and the Peninsula are remembering a passionate public servant Monday. Former Daly City Mayor Mike Nevin died of cancer Saturday.
After 27 years as a San Francisco police inspector, Nevin entered local politics in San Mateo County, where he earned a reputation as a compassionate advocate for disadvantaged people, including former criminals.
Nevin was elected to serve as a San Mateo County supervisor and then Daly City mayor. Most recently, he was the executive director of the Service League of San Mateo County.
Nevin was 69 years old.
daly city, san mateo county, cancer, peninsula news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 31 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Thai opposition party says quitting Parliament 31 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M 22 min ago
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and chicken 6 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder 15 min ago
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday