Former Daly City Mayor Nevin dies
San Francisco and the Peninsula are remembering a passionate public servant Monday. Former Daly City Mayor Mike Nevin died of cancer Saturday.
After 27 years as a San Francisco police inspector, Nevin entered local politics in San Mateo County, where he earned a reputation as a compassionate advocate for disadvantaged people, including former criminals.
Nevin was elected to serve as a San Mateo County supervisor and then Daly City mayor. Most recently, he was the executive director of the Service League of San Mateo County.
Nevin was 69 years old.
daly city, san mateo county, cancer, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday