Jackie Speier auctions off clothes off her back
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was an unusual fundraising tactic Friday at the Community Service League luncheon in San Mateo.
Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., served as auctioneer and decided to auction off the jewelry she was wearing for the cause. It raised $600. And when someone asked about her jacket, she auctioned that off as well for $700.
All the proceeds raised go toward the Mental Health Association of San Mateo County and Star Vista Crisis and Suicide Prevention.
jackie speier, charities, san mateo county, peninsula news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 56 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 41 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 5 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 2 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 45 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 9 min ago
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
56 min ago