Jackie Speier auctions off clothes off her back
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was an unusual fundraising tactic Friday at the Community Service League luncheon in San Mateo.
Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., served as auctioneer and decided to auction off the jewelry she was wearing for the cause. It raised $600. And when someone asked about her jacket, she auctioned that off as well for $700.
All the proceeds raised go toward the Mental Health Association of San Mateo County and Star Vista Crisis and Suicide Prevention.
jackie speier, charities, san mateo county, peninsula news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 11 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 8 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos