Jackie Speier auctions off clothes off her back
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- There was an unusual fundraising tactic Friday at the Community Service League luncheon in San Mateo.
Rep. Jackie Speier, D-Calif., served as auctioneer and decided to auction off the jewelry she was wearing for the cause. It raised $600. And when someone asked about her jacket, she auctioned that off as well for $700.
All the proceeds raised go toward the Mental Health Association of San Mateo County and Star Vista Crisis and Suicide Prevention.
jackie speier, charities, san mateo county, peninsula news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 47 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos