Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian to lead toy drive
COLMA, Calif. -- Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian will be at Target in Colma on Monday morning to lead a toy-buying shopping spree for underprivileged kids.
Adrian, who won two gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics, will be participating in the Salvation Army's "Dig Deep SF," which aims to purchase $25,000 worth of toys for Bay Area kids between eight and 16 years old.
Adrrian will join Oakland Athletics player Tyson Ross and a group of Santa's elves at the toy drive.
The shopping spree starts at 7 a.m. at Target, located at 5001 Junipero Serra Blvd. in Colma.
colma, fundraiser, charities, target, peninsula news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos