Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian to lead toy drive
COLMA, Calif. -- Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian will be at Target in Colma on Monday morning to lead a toy-buying shopping spree for underprivileged kids.
Adrian, who won two gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics, will be participating in the Salvation Army's "Dig Deep SF," which aims to purchase $25,000 worth of toys for Bay Area kids between eight and 16 years old.
Adrrian will join Oakland Athletics player Tyson Ross and a group of Santa's elves at the toy drive.
The shopping spree starts at 7 a.m. at Target, located at 5001 Junipero Serra Blvd. in Colma.
colma, fundraiser, charities, target, peninsula news
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home 44 min ago
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered 29 min ago
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting 1 min ago
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday