Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian to lead toy drive
COLMA, Calif. -- Olympic swimmer Nathan Adrian will be at Target in Colma on Monday morning to lead a toy-buying shopping spree for underprivileged kids.
Adrian, who won two gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics, will be participating in the Salvation Army's "Dig Deep SF," which aims to purchase $25,000 worth of toys for Bay Area kids between eight and 16 years old.
Adrrian will join Oakland Athletics player Tyson Ross and a group of Santa's elves at the toy drive.
The shopping spree starts at 7 a.m. at Target, located at 5001 Junipero Serra Blvd. in Colma.
colma, fundraiser, charities, target, peninsula news
- 4-alarm fire burning at building near China Basin 5 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Major BART delays due to Balboa Park station incident 14 min ago
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos