DUI driver hits fire hydrant Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A portion of Sand Hill Road near Stanford University in Palo Alto is closed this morning after a DUI driver struck a fire hydrant that flooded the roadway, according to police.
The driver was arrested after his vehicle struck the hydrant on Sand Hill Road between El Camino Real and Arboretum Road, located near the Stanford University campus and Palo Alto Caltrain station, police said.
The fire hydrant has been shut off, but the roadway remains blocked, police said.
No injuries were reported in the collision, according to police.
DUI, palo alto, peninsula news
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown 55 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated 50 min ago
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tyler, the Creator plays sold-out show after jail
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park 10 min ago
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case 22 min ago
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa 7 min ago
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Final words from jet came after system...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos