DUI driver hits fire hydrant Palo Alto
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A portion of Sand Hill Road near Stanford University in Palo Alto is closed this morning after a DUI driver struck a fire hydrant that flooded the roadway, according to police.
The driver was arrested after his vehicle struck the hydrant on Sand Hill Road between El Camino Real and Arboretum Road, located near the Stanford University campus and Palo Alto Caltrain station, police said.
The fire hydrant has been shut off, but the roadway remains blocked, police said.
No injuries were reported in the collision, according to police.
DUI, palo alto, peninsula news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1 20 min ago
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track 7 min ago
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations 47 min ago
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs 9 min ago
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday