Peninsula Open Space Trust to buy Butano Farms
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A scenic piece of farmland on the San Mateo County coast has been declared off limits to developers forever.
The Peninsula Open Space Trust has agreed to pay nearly $10 million for 900 acres of land known as Butano Farms near Pescadero.
The property has belonged to the Dias family, since the 1800s.
According to the trust, the acquisition will preserve the rural character of the Pescadero area and prevent developers from subdividing the land and building luxury homes on it.
san mateo county, peninsula news
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 30 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat 14 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday