Peninsula Open Space Trust to buy Butano Farms
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A scenic piece of farmland on the San Mateo County coast has been declared off limits to developers forever.
The Peninsula Open Space Trust has agreed to pay nearly $10 million for 900 acres of land known as Butano Farms near Pescadero.
The property has belonged to the Dias family, since the 1800s.
According to the trust, the acquisition will preserve the rural character of the Pescadero area and prevent developers from subdividing the land and building luxury homes on it.
san mateo county, peninsula news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 35 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities 24 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos