Peninsula Open Space Trust to buy Butano Farms
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A scenic piece of farmland on the San Mateo County coast has been declared off limits to developers forever.
The Peninsula Open Space Trust has agreed to pay nearly $10 million for 900 acres of land known as Butano Farms near Pescadero.
The property has belonged to the Dias family, since the 1800s.
According to the trust, the acquisition will preserve the rural character of the Pescadero area and prevent developers from subdividing the land and building luxury homes on it.
san mateo county, peninsula news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 35 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos