Stranded kayakers rescued in Redwood City
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A father and daughter stranded while kayaking are safe after a dramatic rescue from Chesapeake Harbor in Redwood City.
Fire protection crews from Redwood City and Menlo Park got a call that two kayakers were stranded somewhere in the wetlands. Using cellphone triangulation, rescuers were able to locate the man and his daughter in minutes. They were stuck in mud when the tide turned quickly.
Both were wet and very cold when they were picked up by rescue boats.
redwood city, rescue, peninsula news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 52 min ago
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 26 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case