11-year-old Daly City boy killed in crash ID'd
An 11-year-old Daly City boy who was killed Christmas night in a crash in Pasadena has been identified by the Los Angeles County coroner's office as Kendrick Ng.
At about 8 p.m., Ng was traveling with four other people in a minivan when it was struck by a silver Dodge Durango at an on-ramp to Interstate Highway 210 at Marengo Avenue, Pasadena Deputy Police Chief Darryl Qualls said.
A second passenger in the minivan was also killed in the crash, and was identified by the coroner's office as Tracey Ong Tan, 25, of Glendale.
Three other people in the car -- two adults and a 16-year-old girl -- were taken to a hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening, Qualls said.
Police had started to pursue the Dodge after it reportedly drove through a stop sign near the scene of a shooting investigation, according to police.
The driver failed to yield to officers and drove off at high speed, police said. The pursuit lasted for less than a minute before the Dodge struck the minivan, Qualls said.
Four people in the Dodge were treated for minor injuries and subsequently arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators were still trying to determine if there was any connection between the shooting, which had occurred about nine hours earlier, and any of the four occupants in the Dodge, Qualls said.
The case remains under investigation by the Pasadena Police Department.
crash, daly city, los angeles, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 17 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules 49 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday