Petition launched to save popular San Mateo ice rink
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- Supporters of a popular Peninsula ice rink launched a petition Saturday to save it from being shut down.
The landlords of the Ice Center of San Mateo want to take back the land and convert it into retail space. The property is located in the Bridgepointe Shopping Center.
Supporters say the rink has been a longtime fixture on the Peninsula for more than twenty years and they'll fight to change their landlords' plans.
The center's lease is slated to expire June 1. That's the day the rink will close unless landlords change their minds.
san mateo, ice, children, peninsula news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals 45 min ago
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday