Petition launched to save popular San Mateo ice rink
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- Supporters of a popular Peninsula ice rink launched a petition Saturday to save it from being shut down.
The landlords of the Ice Center of San Mateo want to take back the land and convert it into retail space. The property is located in the Bridgepointe Shopping Center.
Supporters say the rink has been a longtime fixture on the Peninsula for more than twenty years and they'll fight to change their landlords' plans.
The center's lease is slated to expire June 1. That's the day the rink will close unless landlords change their minds.
san mateo, ice, children, peninsula news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos