Alert citizen helps police catch package thief
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Palo Alto police say an alert citizen helped nab a thief who was stealing packages off front porches.
25-year-old Andrew Philip Stafford of Union City was arrested after a neighbor called 911 to report someone stealing two packages off a porch.
Stafford is facing charges of weapons violations and possession of stolen property and narcotics.
Police say he has also been connected to other package thefts in the San Jose area.
palo alto, union city, san jose, christmas, hanukkah, USPS, UPS, crime, drugs, guns, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 15 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 41 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 27 min ago