Alert citizen helps police catch package thief
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- Palo Alto police say an alert citizen helped nab a thief who was stealing packages off front porches.
25-year-old Andrew Philip Stafford of Union City was arrested after a neighbor called 911 to report someone stealing two packages off a porch.
Stafford is facing charges of weapons violations and possession of stolen property and narcotics.
Police say he has also been connected to other package thefts in the San Jose area.
palo alto, union city, san jose, christmas, hanukkah, USPS, UPS, crime, drugs, guns, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 28 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 44 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 38 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 32 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos