Redwood City Police investigate possible shooting
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Police in Redwood City are trying to locate three men who fled the scene of a possible shooting on Wednesday afternoon.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired in the 700 block of Whipple Avenue at about 2:55 p.m., according to Redwood City police.
More than one witness reported hearing between five and seven gunshots, police said.
No one was injured, and there was no immediate evidence of property damage, police said.
Three unidentified males were seen running south from the area across Whipple Avenue towards Mezes Park.
No one was arrested, police said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact Redwood City police at (650) 780-7100.
shooting, redwood city, guns, peninsula news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos