Police hunt for man who started fire at Taft Elementary
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police are looking for help finding the person who started a fire at an elementary school.
Authorities captured two pictures of the man from surveillance cameras. They believe he's between 17 and 22 years old.
The man was wearing a Raiders hat with ear flaps.
The incident happened on New Year's Eve when he set a garbage can on fire which then set fire to a container next to it.
There were no injuries reported and the school wasn't damaged.
fire, children, peninsula news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed