Police hunt for man who started fire at Taft Elementary
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police are looking for help finding the person who started a fire at an elementary school.
Authorities captured two pictures of the man from surveillance cameras. They believe he's between 17 and 22 years old.
The man was wearing a Raiders hat with ear flaps.
The incident happened on New Year's Eve when he set a garbage can on fire which then set fire to a container next to it.
There were no injuries reported and the school wasn't damaged.
fire, children, peninsula news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash 20 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 7 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities 22 min ago
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 51 min ago
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping 41 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect makes court appearance 26 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday