Police release image of indecent exposure suspect
BELMONT, Calif. -- Belmont police have released a security camera image that might show a suspect who allegedly exposed himself to a woman last weekend.
The woman was walking on Hiller Street near Marine View Avenue around 3:30 p.m. Sunday when a man pulled up in a car and asked for directions, police Lt. Patrick Halleran said today.
When the woman walked over to the car, however, she saw that the driver had exposed himself. The woman turned and walked away, and the suspect drove away south on Hiller Street, Halleran said.<p The suspect is described as a heavyset man in his early 20s who has a medium complexion and was clean shaven with short straight dark hair. He spoke English without an accent and wore oversized, square black sunglasses. <p The car was described as a dark red, early 1990s model Toyota Camry. <p Investigators have obtained an image of a driver and vehicle consistent with the suspect description from a security camera mounted on a home in the neighborhood, Halleran said. <p The person in the photo is described as a person of interest at this time. <p Anyone with information about the suspect and vehicle is asked to call Belmont police at (650) 595-7400 or the crime tip line at (650) 598-3000.
crime, belmont, peninsula news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 13 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 42 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed