Menlo Park Council to discuss Facebook expansion
MENLO PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- Tonight the Menlo Park City Council will discuss plans for another Facebook expansion.
The social media giant wants to expand onto a 22-acre site across the street from its current location on Willow Road.
As part of the deal, Facebook would pay the city $1.5 million over ten years, in addition to $100,000 for local improvements. The company would also restrict the number of vehicles going in and out. Facebook plans to put about 2,800 employees there. The city council is expected to vote on the project in March.
facebook, parking, traffic, atherton, menlo park, east palo alto, palo alto, peninsula news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 11 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 35 min ago
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday