SF Giants coach holds concerts for Bryan Stow
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco Giants third-base coach Tim Flannery, who is also a musician, is playing a series of concerts starting Thursday to benefit Bryan Stow -- the Giants fan who was severely injured in an attack outside Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles in 2011.
The first concert is taking place at 8 p.m. Thursday at Fox Theatre in Redwood City, with tickets starting at $50.
Flannery and his band the Lunatic Fringe will also play three more shows, on Friday at the Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley; on Saturday at Napa's Uptown Theatre; and on Sunday at Kuumbwa Jazz in Santa Cruz, Stow's hometown.
Stow, a paramedic and father of two, suffered a serious head injury in the March 31, 2011, attack outside Dodger Stadium. Two men, Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, were arrested months later and are awaiting trial.
Flannery, who has been a coach during both of the Giants' recent World Series wins in 2010 and 2012, has raised about $70,000 to help with Stow's medical bills and held a large benefit concert last year in Napa with Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead, according to team officials.
Stow's family, who has posted regular updates on his progress on the website www.support4bryanstow.com, wrote a post earlier this month mentioning Flannery's efforts and others who have helped to raise money for Stow.
"We are still so humbled by the fact that, even though it's almost been two years, people have not forgotten and still want to support Bryan and his family," the post read.
More information about Flannery's shows and how to purchase tickets available on his website at www.timflannery.com.
bryan stow, san francisco giants, peninsula news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 8 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420" 27 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 1 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 51 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos