Police investigating fatal shooting in East Palo Alto
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- Police in East Palo Alto are investigating a shooting that killed a man Saturday night, police said.
Officers responded to the 2200 block of Capitol Avenue at about 9 p.m. after a Shotspotter was activated, according to police.
When officers arrived, they found 21-year-old Lamont Coleman, of East Palo Alto, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, police said.
Coleman was pronounced dead at the scene.
No suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with any information is asked to call East Palo Alto police at (650) 321-1112, or anonymously, by voice or text, to (650) 409-6792, or by emailing anonymously to epatipnow.org.
shooting, east palo alto, peninsula news
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance 13 min ago
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office 47 min ago
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups 11 min ago
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos