7-year-old's hospital room decorated for 49ers
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A young 49ers fan with a debilitating heart condition is ready for some football this Super Bowl Sunday.
Seven-year-old Jacob Murphy redecorated his room at Palo Alto's Lucille Packard Children's Hospital into a shrine dedicated to the 49ers. The room is awash in red and gold. Jacob has jerseys, blankets, sheets, teddy bears, and flags dedicated to the five-time Super Bowl champions.
Jacob and his family have already planned their very own party for the big game. "My uncle is going to come over, my family is going to come and we're going to watch the Super Bowl and eat chicken," he said.
The young fan suffers from congenital heart problems and his stay at the hospital could be a long one. He'd like to add the Lombardi Trophy as a decoration.
children, super bowl, san francisco 49ers, palo alto, lucile packard children's hospital, peninsula news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 21 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 15 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 58 min ago
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 33 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 25 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 8 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos