7-year-old's hospital room decorated for 49ers
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KGO) -- A young 49ers fan with a debilitating heart condition is ready for some football this Super Bowl Sunday.
Seven-year-old Jacob Murphy redecorated his room at Palo Alto's Lucille Packard Children's Hospital into a shrine dedicated to the 49ers. The room is awash in red and gold. Jacob has jerseys, blankets, sheets, teddy bears, and flags dedicated to the five-time Super Bowl champions.
Jacob and his family have already planned their very own party for the big game. "My uncle is going to come over, my family is going to come and we're going to watch the Super Bowl and eat chicken," he said.
The young fan suffers from congenital heart problems and his stay at the hospital could be a long one. He'd like to add the Lombardi Trophy as a decoration.
children, super bowl, san francisco 49ers, palo alto, lucile packard children's hospital, peninsula news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 38 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 20 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos