Fire at auto-towing yard damages cars, building
PACIFICA, Calif. -- A two-alarm fire damaged several cars and a building at an auto-towing yard in Pacifica this morning, according to fire officials.
Fire crews were dispatched to reports of a fire at the commercial facility at 1050 Palmetto Ave., according to the North County Fire Authority.
Crews arriving on the scene saw several cars in flames that had spread to an out-building.
Firefighters surrounded the vehicles on fire, attacking the blaze using hose lines. Offshore winds in the area made the fire especially difficult to extinguish, North County Fire officials said.
Crews remained on the scene for several hours to clean up the remnants of the fire long after it was brought under control.
No injuries were reported, and the cause of the blaze is under investigation.
pacifica, peninsula news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco 46 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 13 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos