Fire at auto-towing yard damages cars, building
PACIFICA, Calif. -- A two-alarm fire damaged several cars and a building at an auto-towing yard in Pacifica this morning, according to fire officials.
Fire crews were dispatched to reports of a fire at the commercial facility at 1050 Palmetto Ave., according to the North County Fire Authority.
Crews arriving on the scene saw several cars in flames that had spread to an out-building.
Firefighters surrounded the vehicles on fire, attacking the blaze using hose lines. Offshore winds in the area made the fire especially difficult to extinguish, North County Fire officials said.
Crews remained on the scene for several hours to clean up the remnants of the fire long after it was brought under control.
No injuries were reported, and the cause of the blaze is under investigation.
pacifica, peninsula news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday