Redwood City police looking for armed robber
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Police have released a suspect photo and are asking for the public's help in locating a 21-year-old man who helped rob a 79-year-old woman at gunpoint earlier this month in Redwood City.
On Feb. 7 at about 11:50 a.m., officers responded to a report of a robbery in progress at a home in the 900 block of 10th Avenue, according to Redwood City police.
Two men and a juvenile girl had entered the home of a 79-year-old resident and held her at gunpoint while ransacking her home, police said.
The woman was eventually locked in a bedroom, where she was able to call police.
Responding officers apprehended one fleeing suspect, who was later identified as Jovanni Martinez Aguilar, 21, of Redwood City.
Police are now searching for 21-year-old Luis Martinez Trujillo, and the juvenile female, both Redwood City residents.
The two suspects are associated with a black VW Jetta with California license No. 5TGT848.
Anyone with information about the suspects is asked to contact Redwood City police Detective Mark Alifano at (650) 780-7677. Anonymous callers can leave information at (800) 222-8477.
redwood city, crime, guns, home invasion, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday