Hiker discovers human skeletal remains
A hiker found human skeletal remains at Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve in unincorporated San Mateo County on Monday, according to sheriff's deputies.
At about 12 p.m. deputies received a report that a hiker had come across skeletal human remains.
Deputies responded to the scene and the hiker guided deputies about two miles west of Skyline Boulevard to the skeletal remains.
The remains were located about 100 feet off the trail, deputies said.
While the remains have been identified as human, deputies have not identified the body.
The San Mateo County coroner's office and detectives responded to the scene and are continuing to investigate the incident.
san mateo county, peninsula news
- Wounded San Francisco police officer back in surgery 3 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 18 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 31 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 45 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
18 min ago