Child porn charges against ex-probation chief
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Child porn charges have been filed against a former San Mateo County chief probation officer.
The San Francisco Chronicle says state prosecutors filed two felony counts on Thursday against 61-year-old Stuart Forrest, who led the county probation department for three years.
The complaint says Forrest possessed child pornography on Dec. 20 and 21.
Forrest was placed on paid leave on Dec. 21 and he retired 10 days later.
District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says he felt it was appropriate for the state attorney general's office to prosecute the case because of the probation department's close relationship with his office.
A relative told the Chronicle that Forrest wasn't available for comment.
san mateo, crime, children, peninsula news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 57 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 6 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 39 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case