Child porn charges against ex-probation chief
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Child porn charges have been filed against a former San Mateo County chief probation officer.
The San Francisco Chronicle says state prosecutors filed two felony counts on Thursday against 61-year-old Stuart Forrest, who led the county probation department for three years.
The complaint says Forrest possessed child pornography on Dec. 20 and 21.
Forrest was placed on paid leave on Dec. 21 and he retired 10 days later.
District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says he felt it was appropriate for the state attorney general's office to prosecute the case because of the probation department's close relationship with his office.
A relative told the Chronicle that Forrest wasn't available for comment.
san mateo, crime, children, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 39 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area 39 min ago
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday