Child porn charges against ex-probation chief
SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Child porn charges have been filed against a former San Mateo County chief probation officer.
The San Francisco Chronicle says state prosecutors filed two felony counts on Thursday against 61-year-old Stuart Forrest, who led the county probation department for three years.
The complaint says Forrest possessed child pornography on Dec. 20 and 21.
Forrest was placed on paid leave on Dec. 21 and he retired 10 days later.
District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says he felt it was appropriate for the state attorney general's office to prosecute the case because of the probation department's close relationship with his office.
A relative told the Chronicle that Forrest wasn't available for comment.
san mateo, crime, children, peninsula news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday