Woodside offered millions to change name to Sugardaddie.com USA
WOODSIDE, Calif. (KGO) -- It's not quite an indecent proposal -- but it's one that's getting a lot of blushes and chuckles in the Peninsula town of Woodside.
The mayor got an offer for $11.5 million to change the town's name to Sugardaddie.com USA.
Sugardaddie.com is a dating website for people who want wealthy dates. Woodside has plenty of those; it's the former home of Steve Jobs and now lists billionaire Larry Ellison as a resident.
The website also wants the town to put up a statue of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.
Woodside officials don't see that happening.
woodside, peninsula news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos