Redwood City to consider plastic bag ban Monday
Plastic bags are already banned in much of the Bay Area, but Redwood City could become the latest city to ban plastic bags.
The ban is on the agenda for Monday night's city council meeting. San Mateo County has already passed a bag ban that would include Redwood City.
The county will prohibit all retail stores, except restaurants, from distributing plastic carry-out bags to their customers starting April 22.
laws, shopping, redwood city, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 46 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 33 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 20 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos