Redwood City to consider plastic bag ban Monday
Plastic bags are already banned in much of the Bay Area, but Redwood City could become the latest city to ban plastic bags.
The ban is on the agenda for Monday night's city council meeting. San Mateo County has already passed a bag ban that would include Redwood City.
The county will prohibit all retail stores, except restaurants, from distributing plastic carry-out bags to their customers starting April 22.
laws, shopping, redwood city, peninsula news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 39 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
31 min ago