Redwood City police rule Leyla Beban was at fault in fatal crash
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police have ruled a 14-year-old bicyclist caused her own death.
Leyla Beban was cycling to Woodside High School last November, when she tried to make a turn at the same time as a truck in front of her.
Leyla hit the truck and was run over. Police ruled she should have yielded the right-of-way.
Howerver, an attorney for Beban's family says they reject that conclusion and have launched their own investigation.
san mateo county, redwood city, woodside, peninsula news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 1 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire