Redwood City police rule Leyla Beban was at fault in fatal crash
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Redwood City police have ruled a 14-year-old bicyclist caused her own death.
Leyla Beban was cycling to Woodside High School last November, when she tried to make a turn at the same time as a truck in front of her.
Leyla hit the truck and was run over. Police ruled she should have yielded the right-of-way.
Howerver, an attorney for Beban's family says they reject that conclusion and have launched their own investigation.
san mateo county, redwood city, woodside, peninsula news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos