Service dog stolen on BART train found safe, returned to owner
SAN BRUNO, Calif. (KGO) -- We have some great news to report about a missing Pomeranian, stolen from its owner while riding on BART. Little Archie was found and has been returned safe and sound to his owner.
The dog is much more than just a 1-year-old Pomeranian, he is a registered service dog who helps owner Kerrin Lanahan deal with anxiety she's suffered ever since surviving a plane crash when she was a little girl.
The San Bruno resident says she was riding BART home with Archie from San Francisco Wednesday night when she fell asleep and someone snatched the dog.
On Monday morning she got an anonymous text pointing her to a home near the Balboa BART station. BART police showed up at the house and found Archie. They were able to confirm it was Lanahan's Pomeranian thanks to a microchip.
Lanahan spoke to ABC7 News about the happy reunion at the Powell Street station.
"It's a miracle, I can't even believe he's back, I'm overwhelmed and just so happy," she said. "That was my personal nightmare that I went through and the fact that he's back I'm just so grateful to everyone who's helped me get him back."
Lanahan has spent thousands of dollars training Archie as a comfort dog, so it was extremely important that she got him back.
BART police are questioning a person at the house where the dog was found. They say charges are pending.
millbrae, BART, animal, animals in peril, san bruno, plane crash, peninsula news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 6 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 42 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body