Four juveniles arrested after evading cops in stolen car
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Police in San Mateo arrested four juveniles Wednesday evening after an officer spotted them in a reported stolen car, police said.
At about 6:35 p.m., an officer spotted a car being driven recklessly in the area of Fashion Island Boulevard and U.S. Highway 101, and attempted to conduct an enforcement stop, police said.
The driver did not yield, and the officer pursued the car on southbound Highway 101 heading toward Redwood City, according to police.
The car took the Whipple Avenue off-ramp and came to a stop on Walnut Avenue in Redwood City, police said.
Three juvenile males and one juvenile girl, ranging in age from 13 to 16, were detained without further incident, according to police. No one was injured in the pursuit.
The car, which was driven by a 14-year-old boy, was confirmed stolen out of San Jose. A replica firearm was located in the car, police said.
All four juveniles were booked into juvenile hall on suspicion of auto theft, conspiracy and felony evading, and the juveniles on probation were booked for probation violations.
san jose, crime, san mateo, peninsula news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 24 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos