Body retrieved from water near Miramar Beach
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- A decomposed body was found in the ocean near Half Moon Bay on Sunday evening, a San Mateo County sheriff's spokeswoman said today.
Passersby on Miramar Beach made the discovery and reported it to the sheriff's office at about 5 p.m., Detective Rebecca Rosenblatt said.
Deputies responded and brought the body to shore, she said. The body was that of a male.
The San Mateo County coroner's office will be working to determine the person's identity and cause of death, which could take several weeks, she said.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 7 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 3 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire