Body retrieved from water near Miramar Beach
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- A decomposed body was found in the ocean near Half Moon Bay on Sunday evening, a San Mateo County sheriff's spokeswoman said today.
Passersby on Miramar Beach made the discovery and reported it to the sheriff's office at about 5 p.m., Detective Rebecca Rosenblatt said.
Deputies responded and brought the body to shore, she said. The body was that of a male.
The San Mateo County coroner's office will be working to determine the person's identity and cause of death, which could take several weeks, she said.
half moon bay, peninsula news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season 1 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules 27 min ago
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching 11 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea 8 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos